Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My Expectations for English 111

I am taking English 111 in order to learn how to strengthen my writing not only for the college courses that I am taking now and will take in the future, but also for business purposes once I have my degree. Thus, my expectation for this course is to gain knowledge on how to write effectively for a majority of audiences. My expectation of the instructor of this course is to provide me with the knowledge I will need in order to write effectively both in school and in general. Feed back is always appreciated.

Strengths of my writing, in my opinion include gramatical structure and coherence. An area that I could use work in is (according to some of my instructors and in my own opinion) presenting ideas more fully instead of just generally. I am confident that taking this class will assist me in this area.

1 comment:

Amanda McGuire Rzicznek said...

Hey, Rose! You brought up two of my favorite aspects about writing: audience and specifics! Don't worry, I can help you with both of these, and in our class I gear many lessons toward both of these!

I was glad to see, too, that you know how valuable writing is in the world of business! Writing is essential to so many careers. I wish more students could see that! :)